A plastic straw
Trace a heart on the sheet of paper. This is going to be used as the bottom. You want to make sure it is big.
Trace a heart about 2 inches smaller then the bottom heart. Making sure it is 2 inches on all sides.
Take the smaller heart and fold it in half. You are going to cut a small hole in it. When you unfold it, you should notice 2 small cuts.
I totally did mine wrong but I made up for it
- This is where you will make your hearts pretty. Or you just leave it the color of the paper. I made a sort of plaid design on the small card and the back of the big one
5. Now is the time to cut the top and bottom of the bow. Cut 2 triangles about 3 inches wide. Cut out 4 trapezoid shapes
7. Glue the small heart to the big heart leaving a small opening on top
8. Attach the trapezoid shapes to the straw making a bottom piece of the bow (not sure what this is called)
9. Put the straw through the 2 holes.
10. Attach the triangles to the top of the straw.
I did the top and bottom of the bow in cardstock which was brown. I didn’t like it so I put some silver tape on it. My straw was red. I didn’t apply the tape since I liked the pop of red
The craft is supposed to look like the image below. Yes it is from Better Homes and Gardens
Of course like I said mine turned out different but I like it
11. Apply your candy of whatever you want into the heart.
12. Give it to your special someone
Sometimes crafts don’t work out the way we want. If we are lucky and crafty then we can make due.
Making mistakes is a part of life so do not dwell.
All my fellow single people can still make this heart. I made it for myself since my valentine is my puppy (I don’t mind). If you are single on Valentine’s the do enjoy my post all about being single on Valentine’s
Pin this for later