This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and buy then I may make a small profit. I believe these things will make our lives better. No spam or scams or anything harmful. You can read my Disclaimer for more information.
April 15, 1912 early am, the ‘the unsinkable’ Titanic crashed into an iceberg and sank.
May 31, 1991 a movie based on the sinking of the ship came out. The movie ‘Titanic‘ spawned stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet amongst others.
The movie gave us many infamous quotes
1. 1,500 people went into the sea when Titanic sank from under us. There were 20 boats floating nearby and only one came back. One. 6 were saved from the water, myself included. 6… out of 1,500. Afterward, the 700 people in the boats had nothing to do but wait. Wait to die, wait to live, wait for an absolution that would never come.
3. Do you want to hear this or not, Mr. Lovett? It’s been 84 years, and I can still smell the fresh paint. The china had never been used. The sheets had never been slept in. Titanic was called the ‘Ship of Dreams,” and it was. It really was.
1. I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or, who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life’s a gift and I don’t intend on wasting it. You don’t know what hand you’re gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you… to make each day count.
2. Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me… it brought me to you. And I’m thankful for that, Rose. I’m thankful. You must do me this honor. You must promise me that you’ll survive, that you won’t give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Rose, and never let go of that promise.
3. That’s what everybody says but, with all due respect, Miss, I’m not the one hanging off the back of a ship here. Come on. C’mon, give me your hand. You don’t want to do this.
Three years, I’ve thought of nothing except Titanic; but I never got it… I never let it in.
What do you mean, “No, I won’t”? Don’t presume to tell me what I will and will not do, you don’t know me!
Pin this for later